This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Snickers Apple Salad is a delightful dessert with a combination of fresh, crisp apples and Snickers bars bathed in a creamy white chocolate whipped cream sauce. Top it with a caramel drizzle and a handful of salty peanuts! Whether you bring this side dish to your next potluck, or eat it at home, it’s guaranteed to be devoured.
Snickers Apple Salad
Snickers Salad is a dessert salad that typically consists of chopped fresh apples, whipped cream or whipped topping, caramel sauce, and chopped Snickers candy bars. The flavors and textures mimic the taste of a caramel apple with added candy crunch in every bite.
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
- White chocolate instant pudding – or vanilla instant pudding mix
- Whole Milk – Whole milk makes a richer sauce, but 2 % works just fine
- Heavy cream – or tub of Cool Whip
- Granny smith apples – or your favorite
- Ever crisp apples – or your favorite
- Snickers candy bars – or Twix or Milky Way candy bars!
- Caramel sauce
- Peanuts – as an optional garnish
I like the balance of tart apples, like granny smith, with the sweetness of the ever crisp. You can use any type of apples you choose:
- pink lady
- golden delicious
- red delicious apples
In a large bowl, whisk together the white chocolate instant pudding and cold milk until the mixture begins to thicken, about 2 minutes.
Make the Whipped Cream
Use a hand mixer or stand mixer and beat the heavy cream and 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. For additional sweetness, you can add a teaspoon of vanilla extract (before beating) if desired. Fold the whipped cream into the pudding.
Gently mix in the snickers and apples into the pudding mixture until well combined. Refrigerate for one hour before serving.
Just before serving, top the salad with reserved apples, snickers, and peanuts, Then drizzle caramel sauce over the top.
For a variation, add mini marshmallows, grapes, strawberries, or other fruits and/or nuts.
Snickers Salad is best enjoyed shortly after preparation, as the whipped cream may start to deflate, and the apples may release some moisture, affecting the overall texture. If you use whipped topping, it does stay fluffier longer as that is stabilized.
Yes, you can make Snickers Salad ahead of time, but it’s best to prepare it a few hours before serving to avoid the apples from browning, and the sauce from becoming runny. Keep it refrigerated until you’re ready to serve.
Snickers Salad is best when consumed fresh, but it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 days. Keep it in an airtight container to maintain its freshness. The sauce will become thinner over time.
Snickers Apple Salad Recipe
Snickers Apple Salad
- Cutting board
- sharp knife
- Mixing bowl
- Hand mixer/stand mixer (if you use heavy whipping cream)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 3.4 ounce white chocolate instant pudding
- 1¼ cups milk
- 8 ounces heavy cream whipped to stiff peaks, or an 8 ounce tub of Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 granny smith apples, chopped into bite sized pieces (reserve some pieces for garnish if desired)
- 2 Ever crisp apples (or your favorite), chopped into bite sized pieces
- 6 full sized Snickers candy bars, chopped into bite sized pieces (reserve some pieces for garnish if desired)
- caramel sauce
- ¼ cup peanuts, roughly chopped (optional garnish)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the white chocolate instant pudding and cold milk until the mixture begins to thicken, about 2 minutes.
- Whip cream instructions: Use a hand mixer or stand mixer and beat the heavy cream and 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Use more or less sugar according to your preference. You can also add a teaspoon of vanilla extract (before beating) if desired.
- Fold the whipped cream into the pudding.
- Gently mix in the snickers and apples until well combined. Refrigerate for one hour before serving.
- Just before serving, top the salad with reserved apples, snickers, and peanuts, Then drizzle caramel sauce over the top.