Snickers Apple Salad
Snickers Apple Salad is a delightful dessert with a combination of apples and Snickers bars in a creamy white chocolate whipped cream sauce.
Servings: 7 people
- 3.4 ounce white chocolate instant pudding
- 1¼ cups milk
- 8 ounces heavy cream whipped to stiff peaks, or an 8 ounce tub of Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 granny smith apples, chopped into bite sized pieces (reserve some pieces for garnish if desired)
- 2 Ever crisp apples (or your favorite), chopped into bite sized pieces
- 6 full sized Snickers candy bars, chopped into bite sized pieces (reserve some pieces for garnish if desired)
- caramel sauce
- ¼ cup peanuts, roughly chopped (optional garnish)
In a large bowl, whisk together the white chocolate instant pudding and cold milk until the mixture begins to thicken, about 2 minutes.
Whip cream instructions: Use a hand mixer or stand mixer and beat the heavy cream and 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Use more or less sugar according to your preference. You can also add a teaspoon of vanilla extract (before beating) if desired.
Fold the whipped cream into the pudding.
Gently mix in the snickers and apples until well combined. Refrigerate for one hour before serving.
Just before serving, top the salad with reserved apples, snickers, and peanuts, Then drizzle caramel sauce over the top.
To keep the reserved apples from browning, toss with lemon juice or sprite. The rest of the apples will be fine as they are coated in the pudding mixture.
You may use more or less apples depending on the size of them. The apples seen in this recipe are medium sized.