This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Banana Pudding recipe is a no-bake dessert that is filled with creamy French pudding, sliced bananas, and vanilla wafers. This is one of our all-time favorite desserts. It’s wonderful any time of year dessert, but it’s especially wonderful for the holidays!
Banana Pudding Recipe
If you have ever had Banana Pudding, it is to die for. It’s rich and creamy with layers of fresh bananas, pudding, and vanilla wafers in every slice. Kids and adults love this recipe because it has classic ingredients that nobody can resist!
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
- 1 box Vanilla Wafers
- Bananas, sliced
- 1 box Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Cream cheese
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Cool Whip – (thawed), or equal amount sweetened whipped cream
In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the milk and instant pudding mixture. In a large bowl, stir the cream cheese and condensed milk together at medium speed until smooth.
Once smooth, use a rubber spatula to fold in the whipped topping. Fold the pudding into the cheese mixture until well incorporated. Go ahead and do a secret taste test if you haven’t already:)
Cover the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish (or trifle bowl) with half of the nilla wafers. Top with the ripe bananas, sliced into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness, to the top of the wafers.
Pour the creamy pudding mixture over the layer of banana slices. Cover the layer of pudding with the remaining cookies. I want to lay on the pudding pillow! That creamy banana flavor with the nilla cookies is all coming together!
Refrigerate until ready to serve, which should be at least 1 hour. This is the ultimate fluffy, light, and creamy banana pudding recipe.
Recipe Tip for Warmer Months
Add diced pineapple to the bottom with the bananas and top with shredded coconut and maraschino cherries!
Kept in an airtight container in the fridge, the banana pudding will last up to 4 days. The wafer cookies will continue to get softer and softer.
It’s super easy to make, tastes delicious, and is an instant crowd favorite making it a go-to dessert for any occasion! This delicious and flavorful banana pudding dessert is a perfect addition to your next family dinner party or social gathering.
Banana Pudding Recipe
- Hand mixer
- 9×13 Casserole dish
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Cutting board
- 11 oz box Vanilla Wafers
- 4 to 6 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (5 oz) box Instant French Vanilla pudding
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 oz) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream
- To the bottom of the 9×13 dish, cover evenly with half of the vanilla wafers. Add the bananas, sliced into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness, to the top of the wafers.
- In the medium bowl, use a hand mixer to combine the milk and pudding mix.
- In a large bowl, using the hand mixer combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together until smooth. Once smooth use a rubber spatula to fold in the whipped topping.
- Fold the pudding into the cheese mixture until well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas, covering with the remaining cookies.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, at least 1 hour.