Easy, Cheesy, Cheddar Quick Bread is a soft and delicious fool-proof recipe you need to keep on hand. This extra fast bread recipe is ready to bake in less than 15 minutes. No yeast, kneading, or rising time is needed. This cheesy, buttery, delicious bread is a classic to have in your back pocket!
Cheddar Quick Bread
Soft and full of flavor, serve Cheddar Quick Bread warm with butter for a side dish that will quickly turn into a family favorite. If you love bread recipes, be sure to see our extremely popular Amish Cinnamon Bread recipe!
Cheddar Quick Bread Ingredients
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Garlic powder
- Whole milk
- Butter, melted
- Fresh shredded cheddar cheese, from block
Cheddar Cheese Quick Bread Recipe
Begin by preheating your oven to 350F. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, garlic, and salt. To the center of the dry ingredients add the milk, egg, and melted butter.
Whisk the batter quickly, but do not over whisk. Note that the batter will thicken quickly! Next, add in the freshly shredded cheese. Mix or fold in the cheese with a rubber spatula for ease. After that, pour batter into a greased bread pan. Finally, bake for 45 minutes.
Remove the loaf from the oven and allow the Cheddar bread to cool for 10 minutes. Transfer the bread to a wire cooling rack. Slice, serve, and enjoy with butter or chive cream cheese!
Quick Bread Tips:
- Use freshly shredded cheddar cheese because pre-shredded has a flour/non-stick coating on it which prevents it from melting well in a loaf of bread like this.
- Get creative! Add fresh or dried herbs, like parsley, or chives. Switch up cheeses, etc.
- Quick breads are (almost) fool proof. Just watch that you don’t overdue the amount of liquids when adding flavors and ingredients.
More Recipes by The Blogette to Try Next:
- Amish Cinnamon Bread
- Uncrustable Donuts
- Crescent Roll Croissants
- Chicken Broccoli Lasagna
- French Onion Pork Chops
Cheddar Quick Bread
- Large mixing bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Cheese grater
- Non-Stick spray
- 8 ½" x 4" loaf pan (or similar size)
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups freshly shredded cheddar cheese, from block
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, garlic, and salt.
- To the center of the dry ingredients add the milk, egg, and melted butter.
- Whisk quickly, but do not over whisk. The batter will thicken quickly.
- Add in the shredded cheese. Mix or fold in the cheese with a rubber spatula for ease.
- Pour batter into a greased bread pan. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow the loaft to cool for 10 minutes before removing andit from the pan and placing on a wire rack.
- Slice and serve with butter or chive cream cheese.