My easy Broccoli Cheese Casserole recipe is creamy, savory, and all kinds of delicious! Whether you are looking for a delicious holiday side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas or a quick and easy weeknight crowd-pleaser, this comforting casserole recipe is for you!
Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Creamy, cheesy, and loaded with chicken and broccoli, this is has been a favorite since I was a kid, and is STILL one of the best casserole recipes ever! Broccoli Cheese Casserole is a family favorite that will delight even the pickiest of eaters. Few can resist the delectable broccoli and cheese combo.
There are those certain casseroles that make a regular appearance on our dinner menu, and oven-baked broccoli swimming in chicken and cheese is one of those dishes.
Ingredients Needed for Broccoli Cheese Casserole Recipe:
- Chopped Frozen Broccoli – As the main feature of this recipe, broccoli is a must! After it’s done baking, this broccoli will be tender, flavorful and melt in your mouth.
- Cream of Chicken Soup – Use your own homemade version or the store bought version. You could also switch it out with cream of mushroom if that’s what you had on hand!
- Chicken Stock
- Cheddar Broccoli Rice & Pasta Blend
- Chicken Flavor Broccoli Rice & Pasta Blend
- Chicken Tenders – The smaller pieces of chicken cook better in the casserole dish.
- Salt & Pepper – and/or chicken seasonings
- Shredded Mexican Cheese – or shredded cheddar cheese
I use frozen broccoli and think it turns out best that way! I do recommend that you thaw the frozen broccoli and drain it well. Too much moisture is the enemy of this casserole.
Once you have the broccoli squared away, you just mix everything together and spread it in a baking dish! All the creamy goodness for this easy Broccoli Cheese Casserole recipe will end up in the same baking pan.
Broccoli Cheese Casserole is easy to make, foolproof, and delicious, and what’s even better is that it can be made ahead! If I were you, I’d plan on making a double batch… make one for now and keep the other one in the fridge for tomorrow.
More Comforting Casseroles to Try Next:
- Cowboy Cornbread Casserole
- Taco Lasagna Casserole
- Meatball Sub Casserole
- Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Chili Dog Casserole
- Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole
Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- 9 x13 deep casserole dish
- can opener
- measuring spoon
- 14.5 ounces chicken stock
- 10.5 ounces Cream of Chicken soup
- Knorr Cheddar Broccoli Rice & Pasta Blend (5.7 ounces)
- Knorr Chicken Flavor Broccoli Rice & Pasta Blend (5.5 ounces)
- 1 pound chopped broccoli, frozen and thawed
- 1-1/2 pound chicken tenders
- 1 TBS old bay seasoning (or chicken seasoning, like salt & pepper)
- 3 cups Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Fresh Parsley, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In the bottom of the casserole dish, add the chicken stock and cream of chicken soup mix.
- Use a whisk to combine.
- Add in both rice and pasta blends, again whisking until combined and all of the contents are wet.
- Pour the chopped frozen broccoli on top of the rice mixture, covering the entirety of it.
- Lay the raw chicken tenders on top of the broccoli layer in the way that best fits all of the chicken.
- Dust the top of the chicken with old bay seasoning (or your choice of general chicken seasoning).
- Spread the shredded cheese over the top of the chicken, cover with tinfoil.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley (optional) and serve right from the casserole dish.