This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Copycat KFC Chicken Bowl Casserole is a combination of mashed potatoes, corn, and crispy chicken, topped with cheese, and gravy. This casserole is one of the BEST comfort meals! A fun spin on the famous KFC chicken bowl, this makes for a quick and easy meal that the whole family will love!!
KFC Chicken Bowl Casserole
If you enjoy the KFC Famous chicken bowl then you are going to love this copycat recipe. If you have kids who like chicken tenders and you want to have them try something new – this is the recipe for you! A must-make, delicious meal for KFC fans.
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
Not only is this meal picky-eater approved, but this is also a tried and true teenage favorite! If you have a bunch of hungry stomachs to fill, whip up this easy casserole and make everyone happy. Comfort food always hits the spot!
- Mashed potatoes– you can make your own, or use instant, boxed, or refrigerated store-bought mashed potatoes. Your choice!
- Whole kernel corn– You can use frozen or canned. If you prefer to use canned, just drain the liquid beforehand
- Frozen chicken tenders or nuggets– nuggets are smaller and more round, whereas, tenders are longer.
- Shredded cheese- use whatever shredded cheese you like: cheddar, Mexican blend, etc.
- Brown gravy-homemade or premade gravy both work.
Begin by making the mashed potatoes according to the package directions. Or, you can whip up your own homemade mashed potatoes if you prefer! If you have leftover mashed potatoes, let’s say from Thanksgiving, this is the PERFECT recipe to use with them.
Next, cook the chicken tenders according to the package directions. Now the layering fun begins! This is a fantastic recipe for kids to make too. If you have kids around, invite them to help you! In a 9×13 casserole dish, layer the mashed potatoes, then the corn, and place the cooked chicken tenders on top.
The last step before baking is to sprinkle on the shredded cheese and then pour the gravy on top of everything. The great thing about this KFC Chicken Bowl casserole is that it comes together so quickly. In a matter of minutes, you have a hot comfort dish on the table.
Bake the casserole at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. The cheese will be nice and gooey without burning thanks to the gravy! Gravy simply makes everything better, don’t you agree?
You will want to store your leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.
If you like to make freezer meals, this KFC Chicken Casserole is a great recipe for that! Freeze any leftovers you have in an airtight freezer-safe container for up to 2 months.
KFC Chicken Bowl Casserole Recipe
KFC Chicken Bowl Casserole
- Sheet pan
- 9×13 Casserole dish
- 8 ounces instant mashed potatoes – or leftover mashed potatoes (as desired)
- 16 ounces Frozen corn
- 24 ounces Frozen chicken tenders or nuggets
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheedar or Mexican blend are great!)
- 1 cup gravy (premade or homemade, as desired)
- Make mashed potatoes according to package instructions.
- Cook the chicken tenders according to package instructions.
- Layer in the following order in a 9×13 casserole dish: mashed potatoes, frozen corn, chickien tenders, cheese, gravy.
- Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes. Cheese will be nice and gooey without burning thanks to the gravy.