This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Deep-fried Uncrustable Donuts are a fun twist on traditional peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. Delicious, melty, gooey, homemade donut treats that are done in less than a minute! Use your favorite flavor of Uncrustables for this TikTok-inspired recipe!
This is the easiest jelly donut recipe you can possibly make! You can make these donuts in a fraction of the time that it would take for a traditional dough to rise — making them just the thing for a weekday morning, lazy weekend brunch, or after-dinner dessert.
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
Start with freezer-aisle favorite Uncrustables. Pick any flavor you like! For this Uncrustable Donut recipe, we use the PB&J, but just imagine how amazing the Nutella version would be! Are they breakfast, dessert, lunch, or a snack? Maybe all four mashed up into one!
- Grape – filled with grape jelly and fresh-roasted peanut butter.
- Chocolate – filled with creamy chocolate-flavored hazelnut spread.
- Strawberry – filled with strawberry jam and fresh-roasted peanut butter.
- Honey – filled with honey spread and peanut butter.
You will need oil, granulated sugar, ground cinnamon, and your sandwich flavor of choice. The cinnamon sugar is optional, but they do give you more of that jelly donut flavor.
Add the oil to a dutch oven and set over medium heat on the stovetop. Wait about five minutes for the oil to reach 375-400F, where the oil looks to be shimmering and dancing. While waiting for the oil to come to temperature, remove the Uncrustables from their packaging.
When the oil is ready add 3-4 at a time and brown on each side, for less than a minute, using a spider strainer to flip each sandwich. Remove the sandwiches from the oil to a paper towel-lined plate.
Fried Uncrustables Dipped in Sugar
In a large bowl, whisk together the cinnamon and sugar. While the sandwiches are still warm, one at a time, swirl in the cinnamon-sugar mixture on all sides.
You can remove the center using a small circle cookie cutter if going for a “jelly-filled donut”. Place the cutter in the middle of the Uncrustables and press down to make the doughnut hole. We like to think of this as a homemade fair food. We LOVE exploring the food trucks at the fair each year!
Uncrustable Donuts Recipe
- Large mixing bowl
- Dutch oven (pan for frying)
- Paper towels
- ½ gallon canola oil, peanut oil, or vegetable oil
- 20 Uncrustables, thawed (10 from a box of grape, 10 from a box of strawberry)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Add the oil to a dutch oven and set over medium heat on the stovetop.
- Wait about five minutes for oil to reach 375-400F, where the oil looks to be shimmering and dancing.
- While waiting for the oil to come to temperature, remove the Uncrustables from their packaging.
- When the oil is ready add 3-4 at a time and brown on each side, less than a minute, using a spider strainer to flip each sandwich.
- Remove the sandwiches from the oil to a paper towel lined plate.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cinnamon and sugar.
- While the sandwiches are still warm, one at a time, swirl in the cinnamon sugar mixture on all sides.