This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Soft and Fluffy Cloud Bread is easy to make and tastes like a mix of cotton candy and marshmallows! This TikTok viral Cloud Bread recipe is fun to rip open, revealing the colorful and sweet bread inside. It requires just 4 ingredients and minimal baking time!
This super fluffy cloud bread is so jiggly and cute! It’s no wonder that this bread is a trend on TikTok. This recipe is so easy, it’s just egg whites, cornstarch, and sugar all whipped up and baked. Food coloring is optional, but of course, you can make it in tons of different colors for fun!
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
- Egg Whites, from large eggs
- White Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract, almond extract, or lemon extract (optional)
- Food Coloring (optional)
- Electric hand mixer or electric stand mixer
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
Cloud Bread Instructions:
Separate the egg yolks and egg whites. For this, you want only the egg whites in the mixing bowl. Whisk the eggs until they become frothy and bubbly.
The reason why you must have an electric mixer is that you need the speed of the whisk or mixers to be high enough for the egg whites to form bubbles, which simply can’t be done by hand. Add in the rest of the ingredients and whisk until stiff peaks form.
Separate the mixture in half and use a couple drops of food coloring to make the bread colorful. Gently fold the food coloring into the dough using a spatula.
Form the dough into 2 domes on the prepared baking sheet. Use the spatula to round out the domes, and let them sit for 5-10 minutes. Bake the bread in the oven until the outside is slightly golden or has a golden hue if using food coloring.
There are two ways to serve this: cutting the parchment around the cloud bread and serving each person their own OR lifting it from the bottom and serving.
You can slice it if you like, or cut it in half to serve. Or, simply form into smaller domes before baking so each bread is its own serving. It’s recommended not to eat it with your hands because of the sticky texture! It’s best to use a fork or spoon to eat.
Unfortunately, this cloud bread can not be saved to eat later. After an hour or so it may start to deflate, so be sure to enjoy it right away!
Cloud Bread Recipe
- Large Bowl
- Electric Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
- baking sheet
- Parchment Paper
- 4 Egg Whites, from large eggs
- ⅓ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1½ tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract (optional) *See notes for using almond or lemon extract instead
- A few drops of Food Coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300℉ and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the eggs until they become frothy and bubbly.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Form into 2 domes on the parchment paper on the baking sheet, use the spatula to round out the domes, and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. It will be done when the outside is slightly golden, or has a golden huee if using food coloring.