How to Make Texas Toast Sloppy Joes
Published: Jun 28, 2021
Updated: Jan 02, 2024
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A family favorite that comes together in a breeze! With easy-to-find ingredients that you may already have on hand, Texas Toast Sloppy Joes are a no-fuss meal that everyone will love.
Texas Toast Sloppy Joes
This recipe combines Sloppy Joe meat, and irresistible buttery garlic toast, and is topped with melted cheese. Sloppy Joes alone are one of the most classic comfort food dinners. They are easy to make, they fill up hungry bellies, and everyone loves them.
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
Consider this the elevated version of your ordinary Sloppy Joe recipe. We’ve added just a few extra touches to make this meal over-the-top delicious! Starting with easy-to-find ingredients, this dinner will be done in just 30 minutes.
- Frozen Texas Toast
- Ground beef
- Sloppy Joe seasonings (or your own homemade version if you prefer)
- Mozzarella cheese.
Begin by lining a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Bake the garlic Texas Toast bread according to the directions on the box. Just beware, the smell of this bread baking will spread throughout the house and everyone will start to get hungry instantly.
While the garlic toast is cooking, brown your ground meat of choice. Either beef or turkey works perfectly. After the meat is cooked and drained, add the traditional Sloppy Joe seasonings. As always, you can always use homemade vs. pre-made, therefore, whatever works best for you and your family:)
Once both the meat and garlic bread are ready, top each piece of buttery toast with the Sloppy Joe mixture. This recipe calls for 8 pieces of toast. However, you can load up the pieces of toast however you prefer!
After that, top them off with shredded mozzarella cheese and they are ready for the final step! Just like the meat-to-bread ratio, you can add as much or as little mozzarella cheese as you like – I won’t judge:)
Finally, return the Texas Toast Sloppy Joes back into the oven to let the ooey-gooey cheese melt. At this point, pretty much everyone in the house will be in the kitchen waiting for you to be done. Luckily, this is a quick and easy recipe designed for people just like you and me!
If you’re serving this dish to friends or a crowd, consider cutting up parsley into fine pieces and gently sprinkling it on top. This added step makes the Texas Toast Sloppy Joes look more refined and presentable. Nobody will be able to resist these! The buttery garlic toast melts into each meaty, cheesy bite. YUM!
Texas Toast Sloppy Joes
Texas Toast Sloppy Joes Recipe
- baking sheet
- spoon or spatula for cooking beef
- jar to strain the grease
- measuring cup
- oven mits
- 11.25 ounces Texas Toast Garlic 8 slices
- 2 lbs Ground Beef (80/20)
- 1.31 ounces Sloppy Joe Mix Packet (McCormick) – Or homemade spices
- 24 ounces Manwich Original Sloppy Joe Sauce – Or homemade sauce
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Parsley for top, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and place frozen Texas toast evenly apart.
- Bake according to box instructions.
- While the Texas oast is baking, brown the ground beef in a skillet on the stovetop over medium heat.
- When about 90% cooked through, drain the excess grease into a heat safe container to dispose of later.
- Add the Sloppy Joes seasoning and continue cooking the ground beef until fully cooked.
- Pour in the Sloppy Joe Sauce, stir, and cooking for about 5 minutes until well combined and thick.
- Top the Texas toast evenly with the meat mixture.
- Add about 1/4 cup of shredded cheese to each of the toast slices.
- Return to oven and baked for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
- Once finished, remove from oven and use a spatula to plate. Top with fresh parsley just before serving.