Million Dollar Chicken is easy, cheesy, and smothered in a special cream sauce, then topped with bacon! This juicy chicken recipe is filled with the rich and bold flavors everyone loves! It can be baked in the oven or slow-cooked in a crock pot, making it the perfect tender chicken recipe for a weeknight dinner.
Million Dollar Chicken Recipe
Sometimes chicken can be boring, but this is not one of those recipes! This is a tried and true baked chicken recipe the whole family craves time and time again (hence, the fun name!). It is loaded with flavor, baking right in a rich and creamy sauce.
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- Colby jack cheese, or cheddar cheese
- green onion
- Italian seasoning
- ground black pepper
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
Preheat your oven and grease your baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. In a large bowl mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, pepper, and Italian seasoning until well combined and smooth. You can quickly soften cream cheese by placing it in a microwave-safe bowl and microwaving it for 30 seconds increments until it is soft enough to mix smoothly.
Add ¼ cup Colby jack cheese, all but 2 tablespoons crumbled bacon, and all but 1 tablespoon green onions and combine with the cream cheese mixture.
Place a thin layer of cream cheese mixture into your 9-inch baking dish and place chicken breasts over the layer. Then spread the remaining cream cheese mixture over the chicken breasts. Bake uncovered (no need to cover it with aluminum foil) for 30 minutes or until the chicken breasts are cooked through.
Some chicken breasts are larger than others, so you can gauge the time accordingly. Also, this can be done with boneless skinless chicken tenders for an even faster baking time! Top the cooked chicken mixture with the remaining shredded cheese and crispy bacon and place it back into the oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Crock Pot Million Dollar Chicken Recipe
You can also make this million-dollar chicken in a crock pot set on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours. A meat thermometer is helpful in checking the internal temperature of the chicken. Store the leftovers in the fridge according to the complete storage directions below.
Make-Ahead Freezer Recipe
You can make this baked million-dollar chicken ahead of time and freeze it in an airtight and freezer-safe container for up to 6 months. Makes sure you are not freezing it with the toppings, they can be added when reheating once thawed.
It tastes great right out of the casserole dish! However, some people enjoy adding crumbled ritz crackers and cream of chicken soup to make more of a chicken casserole recipe.
Other variations for this million-dollar chicken bake include adding salt, garlic powder, onion powder, or shallot to the recipe (it depends on how picky your eaters are!). This recipe is so versatile you can season the protein with anything else you love!
More Easy Dinner Recipes by The Blogette to Try Next:
- Creamy Garlic Chicken
- Crock Pot Creamy Ranch Chicken
- Chicken Fajita Casserole
- Homemade Chicken Nuggets
- Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Ring
- Chicken and Broccoli Lasagna
- Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
Million Dollar Chicken Recipe
- Large mixing bowl
- stirring spoon or spatula
- 9×13 baking dish
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup Colby jack cheese, shredded (divided)
- 8 strips of bacon, about 1/3 cup, cooked and crumbled (divided)
- ¼ cup chopped green onion (divided)
- ½ tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, pepper, and Italian seasoning until well combined and smooth.
- Add ¼ cup Colby jack cheese, all but 2 tablespoons crumbled bacon, and all but 1 tablespoon green onions and combine with the cream cheese mixture.
- Place a thin layer of cream cheese mixture into your 9×13 baking dish and place chicken breasts over the layer. Then spread the remaining cream cheese mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken breasts reached 165 degrees.
- Top the baked chicken with the remaining Colby jack cheese and bacon and place it back into the oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Top with remaining green onion and serve warm.
Leave a Reply