This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This easy Dorito Pie Recipe is made with a pie crust with layers of ground beef, Cool Ranch or Nacho Cheese Doritos, and a creamy cheese sauce!
Layers of Doritos surround incredibly flavored meat and cheese to make this Dorito casserole pie that basically everyone loves! Use your favorite kind of cheese, while also adding your favorite taco ingreidnets, and serve it with your favorite sides.
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
- Refrigerated 9” pie crust
- Doritos (Nacho Cheese or Cool Ranch
- Ground beef
- Onion, diced
- Taco seasoning
- Diced tomatoes and green chilies (Rotel tomatoes)
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Homemade or frozen pie crust can be substituted for refrigerated.
- Crescent dough roll can also be used instead of pie crust.
- Any flavor of Doritos chips can be used, as well as regular tortilla chips.
- Homemade taco seasoning or individual spices can be used in place of the taco seasoning packet.
- Salsa can be used in place of canned tomatoes and chilies.
- Replace ground beef with your protein of choice like ground turkey or even shredded chicken, which is especially tasty with Cool Ranch Doritos!
- Add some of your favorite taco ingredients such as refried beans, black beans, peppers, etc.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat cook the ground beef and onion, crumbling the beef as it cooks (drain any excess grease from the pan).
First, add the taco seasoning and canned tomatoes and chilies to the ground beef mixture. Next, combine the cream cheese and sour cream in the skillet and stir until the cream cheese is melted and the ingredients are combined.
Then, prepare a pie dish with cooking spray before staring the assembly process of the Dorito Pie. Press the pie crust into the bottom of the greased pie pan. Let the crust form a border of about 1” around the rim of the pie pan.
Pour one-half of the crumbled Doritos onto the pie crust. Gently spread them into an even layer and lightly press them into the crust. Add the creamy meat mixture over the Dorito layer.
Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the meat layer. Top the pie with a final layer of crumbled Doritos!
Finally, bake the pie until the crust is golden brown and cooked through. Certainly consider topping it with your favorite taco toppings!
- Black olives
- Mexican Street Corn
- Taco sauce
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Store covered leftovers in the fridge for up to three days.
- You can also freeze the leftovers of this recipe for up to six months. Reheat in the oven.
Dorito Pie Recipe
- 9½" Pie pan (or similar)
- Non-Stick spray
- 9" refrigerated pie crust
- 3 cups Doritos, broken and divided in half
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 ounce packet of taco seasoning
- 10 ounce Rotel (seasoned diced tomatoes and green chilies)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- 6 ounces (about 1 ½ cups) shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Prepare a 9.5” (or similar) pie pan with non-stick spray
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat cook the ground beef and onion, crumbling the beef as it cooks.
- Once the beef is cooked through and the onions are tender, drain any excess grease from the pan.
- Add the taco seasoning and canned tomatoes and chilies to the meat and stir to combine.
- Add the cream cheese and sour cream to the skillet and stir until the cream cheese is melted and the ingredients are combined. Remove the skillet from heat and set aside.
- Press the pie crust into the bottom of the greased pie pan. Let the crust form a border of about 1” around the rim of the pie pan. Shape the top edge of the pie crust with your thumb or the back of a spoon at this point if you’d like.
- Pour one half of the crushed Doritos onto the pie crust. Gently spread them into an even layer and lightly press them into the crust.
- Pour the creamy meat mixture over the Dorito layer.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the meat layer.
- Spread the remaining Doritos over the top of the cheese layer.
- Bake the pie for about 20-25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and cooked through.