This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A delicious Taco Bell Gordita Ring with a crescent twist! It’s loaded with layers of seasoned meat, crispy taco shell pieces, and cheese. It’s a big ring inspired by the Taco Bell Gordita Crunch that is fun to make and fun to eat!
Taco Bell Gordita Ring
This taco ring is unlike any other you’ve had before. What makes it different? The taco shells on the inside! A Gordita Crunch from Taco Bell consists of a warm flatbread wrapped around a crunchy taco. It’s a mix of soft and crunchy along with the taco ingredients we all love.
Gordita Ring Ingredients:
- Ground beef
- Crunchy taco kit, with sauce and seasoning
- Pillsbury crescent roll dough
- Nacho cheese
- Sour cream
- Optional: salsa, hot sauce, lettuce, diced tomato
It’s important to note that you will need a skillet that can go into the oven, like a cast-iron skillet. A round cake pan would work too! The assembly happens in the dish you use and the oven does the rest of the work!
How to Make a Gordita Ring
Begin by browning the ground beef and draining off the excess fat. Add the taco seasoning that came in the taco kit and cook the meat for a few minutes longer. Next, transfer the seasoned meat to a bowl and set it aside to cool. Mix the sour cream and taco sauce together in a small bowl.
Place a small glass jar in the center of the skillet. Using it as a guide, work to layer the crescent triangles around the cup in a star-like pattern. Spread the nacho cheese on the crescent base. Add 3 crunched-up taco shells on top of the cheese. Then, spread the seasoned beef evenly on top of the shells.
Drizzle the sour cream taco sauce mixture over the meat. Remove the cup and fold the crescent ends over the “meat wreath” tucking into the center.
To get a shiny and perfect-looking ring, you’ll make a quick egg wash. Lightly beat the egg and apply egg-wash to the crescent dough. Bake until the top of crescents are lightly browned. Cut and serve with favorite taco toppings.!
More Recipes by The Blogette to Try Next:
- KFC Chicken Bowl
- Buffalo Chicken and Bacon Quesadillas
- French Onion Pork Chops
- Meatball Subs
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Mexican Chicken and Rice
Taco Bell Gordita Ring
- 1 Cast Iron Skillet OR a round oven-friendly dish like a cake pan.
- 1 Basting Brush
- 1 Round jar or small round dipping bowl (ramikin)
- 1 pound ground beef, 85% lean
- 1 crunchy taco kit, with sauce and seasoning
- 1 can Pillsbury crescent roll dough
- ¼ cup nacho cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- Optional: shredded cheese, salsa, hot sauce, lettuce, diced tomato
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Brown the ground beef and drain of excess fat
- Add the taco seasoning that came in the kit and cook for a few minutes longer
- Mix the sour cream and taco sauce together in a small bowl.
- Plce a small glass jar to the center of the skillet.
- Use the round jar as a guide, work to layer the crescent triangles around the cup in a star-like pattern.
- Assembly: Spread the nacho cheese on the crescent base. Add 3 crunched up taco shells on top of the cheese. Spread the seasoned beef evenly on top of the shells. Drizzle the sour cream taco sauce mixture over the meat. Optional: Add shredded cheese!
- Remove the cup and fold the crescent ends over the “meat wreath” tucking into the center.
- Lightly beat the egg and apply egg-wash to the crescent dough using a basting brush
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes until top of crescents are lightly browned.
- Cut and serve with favorite taco toppings.