This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
The Best Orange Chicken Recipe that’s made with 4 ingredients! Yummy bites of chicken covered in a sweet and flavorful orange sauce all in one dish. Served over rice or noodles, this quick dinner recipe is on the table in 30 minutes!
The nuggets have a sweet and tangy flavor from the combination of marmalade and bbq orange chicken sauce. When it comes to Chinese food, this meal is always a crowd favorite, especially with picky eaters. Skip the Panda Express orange chicken takeout, save money, and make this instead!
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
- Large bag of frozen chicken nuggets – boneless, skinless, chicken nugget breasts
- Orange marmalade – found in the jelly aisle of the grocery store
- BBQ sauce – we recommendt Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce. Since the marmalade is sweet, I suggest avoiding a sweet flavored BBQ sauce.
- Soy sauce – a popular cooking ingredient and condiment!
- Green onion – for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven and bake the frozen chicken nuggets according to package instructions. Allow the chicken nuggets to cool while you prepare the tasty sauce.
In a medium-sized frying pan or skillet, add orange marmalade, BBQ sauce, and soy sauce.
Over medium-high heat, warm the orange sauce for 5-7 minutes while stirring occasionally. Once the sauce is hot, it will make the cooked chicken breast pieces hot again.
Pour sauce on top of the cooked chicken nuggets. Toss and stir the nuggets in the sauce mixture until the chicken pieces are coated evenly.
- Garnishes: green onion, red pepper flakes, orange zest, ginger, etc.
- White rice
- Brown rice
- Cauliflower rice
- Broccoli or other vegetables
Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days. Warm the leftovers in the microwave (the leftovers taste even better!).
Orange Chicken Recipe
- baking sheet
- Mixing bowl
- Cooking pan
- 5 cups frozen chicken nuggets
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- ½ cup Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Green onion for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven and cook chicken nuggets according to package instructions. Allow them to cool.
- In a medium sized cooking pan, add orange marmalade, BBQ sauce, and soy sauce.
- Over medium-high heat, warm the orange sauce for 5-7 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Pour sauce on top of the cooked chicken nuggets. Stir the nuggets in the sauce until the pieces of chicken are coated evenly.
- Serve over rice or noodles