This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chicken Enchilada Roll Ups are the perfect appetizer or snack for any party or occasion. This make-ahead appetizer is made with easy-to-find ingredients like taco seasoning, cream cheese, and shredded chicken (or leftover chicken!). Easy appetizer recipes are always great to have on hand for game day or get-togethers.
Chicken Enchilada Roll Ups
Everyone loves these bite-size chicken enchilada tortilla roll ups, so you might want to double the batch if you’re making them for a crowd, like on Super Bowl Sunday! This finger food spiral snack is great for dipping.
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
- Flour tortillas
- Taco seasoning packet
- Shredded chicken breasts
- Cream cheese
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- Can of drained diced tomatoes with green chilies (like Rotel)
- Minced garlic
- Green onions, sliced
- Optional: chopped cilantro to garnish
Additional optional ingredients could include sliced jalapeno pepper, chili powder, and garlic powder. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. It helps if the cream cheese is at room temperature or warmed up slightly.
Spread the chicken mixture onto the burrito-sized flour tortillas in an even layer. This is easily done with a spatula. What makes this such a great make-ahead appetizer is that a bunch of these can be whipped up in a snap!
Roll the tortillas tightly so they hold their shape. Now, chill the rolled-up tortillas in the fridge for 30 minutes. Chilling the rollups makes the cream cheese mixture return to a more solid form, allowing them to be sturdier and easy to eat once cut up into bitesize pieces. This can be done by placing the wraps in a baking dish, pan, or cutting board covered with plastic wrap.
Cut the chicken enchilada roll-ups into 1-inch thick bite-size pieces. Each tortilla will make about 8 rollups. Serve the roll-ups with your favorite taco dips like salsa, sour cream, enchilada sauce, guacamole, nacho cheese sauce, or even ranch dressing!
They’re also delicious with a taco sauce drizzle. Toothpicks are helpful to serve them with but optional. Garnish the rollups with cilantro or even slices of avocado.
Chicken Enchilada Roll Ups
- Large mixing bowl
- silicone spatula
- Cutting board
- 5 burrito sized flour tortillas
- 1 ounce packet of taco seasoning mix
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups shredded Mexican cheese or cheddar cheese
- 10 ounce can drained diced tomatoes with green chilies (like Rotel)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Using a spatula, spread the mixture onto the flour tortillas in an even layer.
- Roll the tortillas tightly so they hold their shape.
- Chill the rolled-up tortillas in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 1 inch thick pieces (about 8 rollups per tortilla).
- Serve with taco dips like salsa, sour cream, taco sauce, guacamole, or sliced avocado!