Chicken Enchilada Roll Ups are the perfect appetizer or snack for any party or occasion. This make-ahead appetizer is made with easy-to-find ingredients like taco seasoning, cream cheese, and shredded chicken (or leftover chicken!). Easy appetizer recipes are always great to have on hand for game day or get-togethers.
Chicken Enchilada Roll Ups
Everyone loves these bite-size chicken enchilada tortilla roll ups, so you might want to double the batch if you’re making them for a crowd, like on Super Bowl Sunday! This finger food spiral snack is great for dipping.
- Flour tortillas
- Taco seasoning packet
- Shredded chicken breasts
- Cream cheese
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- Can of drained diced tomatoes with green chilies (like Rotel)
- Minced garlic
- Green onions, sliced
- Optional: chopped cilantro to garnish
Additional optional ingredients could include sliced jalapeno pepper, chili powder, and garlic powder. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. It helps if the cream cheese is at room temperature or warmed up slightly.
Spread the chicken mixture onto the burrito-sized flour tortillas in an even layer. This is easily done with a spatula. What makes this such a great make-ahead appetizer is that a bunch of these can be whipped up in a snap!
Roll the tortillas tightly so they hold their shape. Now, chill the rolled-up tortillas in the fridge for 30 minutes. Chilling the rollups makes the cream cheese mixture return to a more solid form, allowing them to be sturdier and easy to eat once cut up into bitesize pieces. This can be done by placing the wraps in a baking dish, pan, or cutting board covered with plastic wrap.
Cut the chicken enchilada roll-ups into 1-inch thick bite-size pieces. Each tortilla will make about 8 rollups. Serve the roll-ups with your favorite taco dips like salsa, sour cream, enchilada sauce, guacamole, nacho cheese sauce, or even ranch dressing!
They’re also delicious with a taco sauce drizzle. Toothpicks are helpful to serve them with but optional. Garnish the rollups with cilantro or even slices of avocado.
More Appetizers and Snack Recipes by The Blogette to Try Next:
- Blooming Burrito Ring
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Ham and Pickle Roll Ups
- Loaded Queso Dip
- Warm Party Appetizer Rolls
- Mexican Gordita Ring
- The BEST Appetizer Recipes you will ever make
Chicken Enchilada Roll Ups
- Large mixing bowl
- silicone spatula
- Cutting board
- 5 burrito sized flour tortillas
- 1 ounce packet of taco seasoning mix
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups shredded Mexican cheese or cheddar cheese
- 10 ounce can drained diced tomatoes with green chilies (like Rotel)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Using a spatula, spread the mixture onto the flour tortillas in an even layer.
- Roll the tortillas tightly so they hold their shape.
- Chill the rolled-up tortillas in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 1 inch thick pieces (about 8 rollups per tortilla).
- Serve with taco dips like salsa, sour cream, taco sauce, guacamole, or sliced avocado!
Leave a Reply