This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Loaded Queso Dip is full of flavor, packed with beef, beans, cheese, and even beer! Perfect appetizer with chips at parties or on game day! This recipe has it all and is the ultimate chip dip. Also known as Cowboy Queso Dip, it is the ultimate Super Bowl appetizer.
Loaded Queso Dip
- Lean ground meat
- Velveeta cheese
- Rotel (seasoned diced tomatoes and green chilies)
- Black beans
- Pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Pale ale
- Red onion
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: cilantro for garnish
Start by browning the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat on the stovetop. You can also use ground turkey, ground sausage, or chorizo, but we prefer the taste of ground beef. Remove excess grease.
Add the salt and pepper, and pale ale. Add the cheese and melt thoroughly. Velveeta cheese melts so smoothly, making it perfect for dip recipes, especially cheese dips!
Add the Rotel tomatoes, purple onions, and black beans. Rotel tomatoes add just the right amount of spice! Stir well until heated through. Rotel is very popular to use in queso dip recipes and other chip dip recipes, like Cowboy Caviar!
This loaded queso recipe is one that will be requested at all parties, cookouts, BBQs, tailgate parties, and potlucks! Served with tortilla chips, corn chips, or even bell pepper slices, this Loaded Cowboy Queso Recipe is a guaranteed hit!
Crock Pot Instructions
Brown the meat and drain the grease, then add all remaining ingredients to the Crock Pot. Heat on high for 2 hours or on low for 4-5 hours.
After it’s prepared, let it cool, and refrigerate it in an airtight container for 2-3 days. Reheat it over low heat on the stovetop and serve once heated completely.
More Appetizers by The Blogette to Try Next
- Ham and Pickle Roll-Ups
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Turkey Club Party Rolls
- Ham and Cranberry Sliders
- Chicken and Broccoli Ring
- Taco Bell Gordita Ring
- Meatball Subs
Loaded Queso Dip
- 12 inch cast iron skillet
- wooden spatula
- can opener
- ½ pound lean ground meat (beef is best)
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 10.5 ounce can Rotel with green chiles
- 15 ounces black beans (canned, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup pale ale
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: cilantro for garnish
- Start by browning the ground beef in the skillet over medium heat.
- Remove excess grease.
- Add the salt and pepper, and pale ale.
- Reduce heat to medium
- Add the cheeses and melt thoroughly.
- Add the rotel, purple onions, and black beans. Stir well until heated through.
- Serve with cilantro garnished on top.