This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Delicious Taco Cups are a great appetizer or twist on Taco Tuesday! Seasoned ground beef and cheese stuffed inside bite-size flour tortillas and baked to perfection. If you love soft tacos, this is a recipe you should save now!
These can be served as an appetizer, or you can make a large batch and serve them as an entree. Best of all, they are done in just 20 minutes!
- Ground beef, ground turkey, or protein of choice
- Ground cumin
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Flour tortillas
- Sour cream
- Pico de gallo or salsa
Cook the meat in a large skillet over medium high heat until all of the meat has browned. Stir in the spices until they are fully incorporated into the meat. If you don’t have these individual seasonings, a packet of taco seasoning would be great too!
Use a glass to cut out 2 circles from each flour tortilla. The circles should be about 3 inches in diameter.
Place the cut-out circles in a muffin tin prepared with cooking spray. Fill each tortilla “cup” halfway with the ground beef mixture. Top the meat with your cheese of choice. If you want beans in your tacos, now is the time to add them. Add whatever flavor you love to the mixture!
Bake the taco cups on broil (high heat) until the cheese begins to bubble. This takes a few minutes depending on how your oven is. Remove the mini taco cups from the oven, top with sour cream and pico de gallo, and enjoy!
- Taco sauce
- Sliced avocado
- Green onions
- Shredded lettuce
Set up in individual portions, these snack-sized appetizer cups are great for grabbing and mingling, and make for super easy serving!
More Recipes by The Blogette to Try Next:
- Ranch Taco Pasta Salad
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Creamy Corn Salad Dip
- Chicken Enchilada Roll-Ups
- Blooming Burrito Ring
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Loaded Queso Dip
- Large pan
- Circle glass or cup
- Muffin tin
- 1 pound ground beef (preferably 90/10) or meat of choice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1¼ cup shredded cheese of choice
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup pico de gallo
- Cook the meat in a pan over medium heat until all of the meat has browned.
- Stir in the spices until they are fully incorporated into the meat.
- Use a glass to cut out 2 circles from each tortilla. The circles should be about 3 inches in diameter.
- Place the cut out circles in a muffin tin and fill halfway with the meat.
- Top the meat with shredded cheese
- Broil the taco cups on high heat until the cheese begins to bubble. This takes a few minutes depending on your oven.
- Remove the taco cups from the oven, top with sour cream, pico de gallo, and any other ingredients you enjoy!
- These can be served as an appetizer, or you can make a large batch and serve them as an entree.
- We like pico de gallo since it gives the taco cups a fresh, vibrant look, but you can use any kind of salsa.
- If you are using beef with a higher fat content than 90/10, you will need to drain the excess fat before adding the spices.
- These cups are best served fresh from the oven, but leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat your leftover cups in the microwave.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.