Juicy Crock Pot Cheese Stuffed Meatballs are one way to spice up everyone’s favorite pasta. Nothing says home cooking like a good plate of spaghetti with homemade sauce and meatballs. Do you want to know how to make spaghetti and meatball night even better? These easy, cheesy slow cooker meatballs are the answer!
Crock Pot Cheese Stuffed Meatballs
Beef and Pork are combined with herbs and spices, then formed into meatballs. A cube of Mozzarella cheese is stuffed into each meatball, all while this hearty dish uses the slow cooker as a shortcut. Perfect for a family meal or as an appetizer at a gathering.
I love meatballs. They’re quick to make, healthy (as you want to make them) and you can use them in countless recipes. There’s no need to heat up your oven or turn on your stove for these easy and healthy Slow Cooker Mozzarella-Stuffed Meatballs!
Ingredients for Crock Pot Stuffed Meatballs
- Ground Beef
- Ground Pork
- Italian breadcrumbs
- Minced garlic
- Low-moisture mozzarella cheese, cubed
Ingredients for Homemade Pasta Sauce
- Diced tomatoes, undrained
- Tomato Paste
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Onion Powder
How to Make Homemade Meatballs
These might look fancy but trust me, they’re pretty effortless. In a large bowl, mix beef and pork until well blended. Then, in a medium-sized bowl lightly mix Italian breadcrumbs, egg, salt, and minced garlic until blended but not solid.
After that, combine the breadcrumb mixture with the meat mixture until well combined. Important to note: You don’t have to use my meatball recipe. If you have your own, of course, you can use that instead.
Stuff the Meatballs with Mozzarella
Then, roll 2-inch meatballs around a cube of mozzarella cheese, and repeat until all meatball mixture is used. I recommend good, low moisture, mozzarella cheese to stuff in the middle. I’ve used mozzarella string cheese and it just didn’t seem to stay nice and melted.
Slow Cooker Meatballs
For the sauce, combine undrained diced tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder until well mixed. Place Meatballs evenly layered into a crockpot lined with a thin layer of sauce. Cover meatballs with remaining sauce. No need to over mix:) Cook on high for 3 hours.
Storing Crock Pot Meatballs:
Store this spaghetti and meatballs in an airtight container in the refrigerator
Can I cook this on low for a longer amount of time?
No, this recipe does better with high heat for 3 hours
What is another variation I can make?
You can make these meatballs without the cheese
Do I have to make my sauce?
No, you do not have to make your sauce, you can buy store-bought sauce
Can I make this ahead of time and freeze it?
You can make the meatballs ahead of time and freeze them for up to 3 months
More Easy Dinner Recipes by The Blogette to Try Next:
- Meatball Subs
- Meatball Sub Casserole
- Creamy Beef Pasta
- French Onion Pork Chops
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Chicken Broccoli Lasagna
Crock Pot Cheese Stuffed Meatballs
- Medium bowl
- Large Bowl
- Medium pot
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Minced garlic
- 1 (28oz) Can Diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons Tomato Paste
- 3 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 8 oz Block Low-moisture mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 16 oz Noodles (optional)
- Mix beef and pork until well blended
- In a medium-sized bowl lightly mix Italian breadcrumbs, egg, salt, and minced garlic until blended but not solid.
- Combine breadcrumb mixture with meat mixture until well combined
- Roll 2-inch meatballs around a cube of mozzarella cheese, repeat until all meatball mixture is used.
- For the sauce, combine undrained diced tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder until well mixed.
- Place Meatballs evenly layered into a crockpot lined with a thin layer of sauce
- Cover meatballs with remaining sauce
- Cook on high for 3 hours
- Boil noodles until al dente
- Serve meatballs warm over spaghetti noodles
Leave a Reply