This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
My Creamy Tuscan Gnocchi is the perfect dinner when you’re in the mood for comfort food. Soft gnocchi cooked in a cream sauce with sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and garlic. This one-pot recipe is packed full of creamy flavors and done in just 20 minutes!
Creamy Tuscan Gnocchi
This creamy gnocchi recipe is a dreamy weeknight dinner. Who doesn’t love a hearty and rich one-dish dinner that even includes a green vegetable? It’s the perfect family dinner! Quick and easy to make, ready on the table in 20 minutes, you will even impress yourself!
- Olive oil – Use a good quality extra virgin olive oil.
- Yellow onion – Can be substituted with your preferred onion or shallots.
- Garlic – Fresh or jarred minced garlic
- Heavy cream – or half and half
- Chicken broth
- Gnocchi – Be sure to use shelf-stable gnocchi, not fresh gnocchi.
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Baby spinach leaves – Use fresh baby spinach leaves
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
Creamy Tuscan Gnocchi Recipe
Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Begin by cooking the onion, stirring often, until softened and slightly transparent. Next, add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the heavy cream, chicken broth, and gnocchi to the large skillet and bring to a simmer. Now, simmer the cream and pasta for 4 minutes or until the gnocchi has softened.
Add the sun-dried tomatoes, baby spinach leaves, and half of the parmesan to the pan. Gently stir through, then simmer until the spinach has wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Are you a fan of extra flavor? You can also add aditional italian seasoning, oregano, italian herbs, spices, etc., to taste.
The gnocchi cooks in the sauce in this recipe, however, it can be cooked separately if preferred, then stirred through the sauce just before serving. Grilled chicken, italian sausage, or protein of choice can be added to the pasta just before serving for a more substantial dish. Creamy tuscan chicken is my favorite!
Stir the gnocchi gently once it has softened as it can break up easily. Sprinkle additional parmesan cheese or parsley on top to garnish. Gnocchi is yummy to serve with fresh garlic bread, a side salad, fresh cut cherry tomatoes.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave for 2-3 minutes or in a saucepan on the stovetop.
Freezer Friendly Gnocchi Recipe
This gnocchi is suitable for freezing! Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to cook it, simply defrost the creamy tuscan gnocchi in the fridge before reheating.
More Comfort Food Meals by The Blogette To Try Next:
- Baked Sausage Cannelloni
- Crock Pot Creamy Ranch Chicken
- Chicken Broccoli Lasagna
- French Onion Pork Chops
- Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi
- Spinach Dip Chicken Bake
- Million Dollar Chicken
Creamy Tuscan Gnocchi
- Large skillet or pot
- Mixing spoon, like a wooden spoon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 pound gnocchi
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, packed
- ½ cup grated parmesan, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the onion, stirring often, until softened. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the heavy cream, chicken broth and gnocchi to the pan and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 4 minutes, or until the gnocchi has softened.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, baby spinach leaves and half of the parmesan to the pan. Gently stir through, then simmer until the spinach has wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the gnocchi between serving bowls and top with the remaining parmesan cheese.
- The gnocchi cooks in the sauce in this recipe, however it can be cooked separately if preferred, then stirred through the sauce just before serving.
- Use shelf-stable, not fresh, gnocchi for this recipe.
- Grilled chicken or protein of choice can be added to the gnocchi just before serving for a more substantial meal.