This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Chicken Broccoli Lasagna is packed with flavor and makes an amazing, hearty dinner! This easy lasagna recipe is one of our favorite comfort foods. Tender chicken is layered with broccoli, lasagna noodles, and a rich and creamy cheese sauce. Serve it alongside a salad or garlic bread for a deliciously filling meal that’s perfect for any time of the year!
Chicken Broccoli Lasagna
This dish reheats easily making it great for lunches and meal preps, too! Consider making this recipe with leftover chicken or even turkey. Thick layers of broccoli, chicken, and cheese are baked in a creamy homemade sauce with hardly any hassle at all!
Ingredients for Chicken Broccoli Lasagna:
- Ready to use lasagna noodles
- Shredded chicken
- Olive oil
- Frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- Yellow onion, diced
- Garlic, minced
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Italian Herbs, dried
- Chicken or vegetable broth
- Whole milk
How to Make Chicken and Broccoli Lasagna
First, cook the lasagna noodles and chicken if needed. In a 12-inch skillet on the stovetop, add olive oil, broccoli, onion, and garlic. Then, saute until onions are translucent (about 10 minutes).
After that, add the cooked broccoli to a large bowl with shredded chicken and mix. To the same skillet that you used to cook the broccoli, you then add the butter and flour to make a roux. Next, pour the chicken broth in slowly and stir until thick. Now, add the milk 1/2 cup at a time, again stirring until thick.
Continue making the cheese sauce by adding the Italian herbs and Parmesan and mix well. Pour the sauce over the chicken broccoli mixture and stir until well coated. Now, spray the 9×13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Finally, lay the lasagna noodles on the bottom to fill the casserole dish.
Start by adding 1/3 of the broccoli chicken mixture on top of the noodles, covering them as best as possible. Then, add 1/3 of the shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken mixture. Create the lasagna by repeating layers. End with a generous amount of shredded mozzarella on top!
This recipe is sure to be enjoyed by all and will make enough for a crowd or to be had for leftovers! Store-bought rotisserie chicken works great in a pinch. If you have leftover turkey, that is a great substitution too. If all recipes you come across on the internet were both EASY and DELICIOUS, I think a lot more people would cook at home!
Can You Make Lasagna Ahead of Time?
Yes! This recipe can be made ahead of time and then stored in the refrigerator until ready to bake it whether that is in an hour or in a day or two! Simply cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator. Add a few extra minutes to the bake time to ensure it is heated thoroughly.
How to Store Leftovers:
The lasagna will also stay good in the refrigerator for about a week making it perfect to have as leftovers for lunch or dinner.
More Easy Dinner Recipes by The Blogette to Try Next
- Chicken Fajita Casserole
- Chicken Pot Pie
- French Onion Pork Chops
- Chicken Tender Casserole
- Creamy Mexican Chicken and Rice
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Chicken and Broccoli Lasagna Recipe
- Large mixing bowl
- 9×13 Casserole dish
- 12 inch Skillet
- wooden spoons / mixing spoons
- tin foil
- Non-Stick spray
- 9 ounces ready to use lasagna noodles
- 2½ pounds shredded chicken, approximately 4 chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 16 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Herbs, dried
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 4 Tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1½ cup whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Cook the lasagna noodles and chicken (as deired)
- In a 12-inch skillet on the stovetop, add olive oil, broccoli, onion, and garlic.
- Saute until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add to a large mixing bowl with shredded chicken and mix.
- To the same skillet you used to cook the broccoli, add the butter and flour to make a roux.
- Pour the chicken broth in slowly and stir until thick.
- Add the milk 1/2 cup at a time, again stirring until thick.
- Add the Italian herbs and Parmesan cheese to the sauce and mix well.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken broccoli mixture and stir until well coated.
- Spray the 9×13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lay the lasagna noodles on the bottom to fill the casserole dish.
- Add 1/3 of the broccoli chicken mixture on top of the noodles, covering as best as possible.
- Add 1/3 of the shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken mixture.
- Repeat layers, changing direction of the noodles for each layer.
- End with shredded mozzarella on top.
- Spray a piece of tinfoil with non-stick spray and cover the lasagna completely with the tinfoil.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered.
- Remove tinfoil and bake an additional 10-15 minutes uncovered until cheese is golden brown and bubbling.
- Allow cooling for 10 minutes removed from heat before cutting and serving. This will ensure all the layers hold together.