This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chicken Spaghetti Casserole is a creamy and comforting dinner that is a delightful fusion of spaghetti, shredded chicken, and a decadent, flavorful, rich sauce. Gooey and irresistible, every bite of this savory and satisfying meal is a pure delight that will leave you craving more!
Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
Chicken spaghetti casserole is a baked pasta dish that usually includes spaghetti, shredded chicken, creamy sauce, and cheese. It may also include vegetables like onions and bell peppers. The ingredients are mixed together, topped with cheese, and baked until bubbly. It’s a hearty, comforting, freezer-friendly meal that is easy to make and perfect for feeding a family.
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
- Cooked chicken: I like to use rotisserie chicken because it makes the prep super easy, but you can use leftover chicken breast or any other cooked tender chicken.
- Spaghetti: Feel free to use your favorite kind, whether that’s thin spaghetti, spaghetti noodles, or even gluten-free spaghetti.
- Green bell peppers: This adds a delicious flavor to the casserole. You can also use red bell peppers or yellow bell peppers
- Onion and garlic: You can substitute these with onion and garlic powder.
- Rotel: or a can of seasoned diced tomatoes. I used Rotel in this recipe because it has a spicier bolder flavor. Feel free to use pimento peppers which will add a sweet, mild, and delicious flavor to your casserole.
- Cream of mushroom soup: Popular substitutes include this cream of chicken soup if that’s what you prefer.
- Cheddar cheese: We like the flavor of sharp cheddar but Monterey jack, parmesan cheese, or mozzarella cheese would work well in this recipe.
- Salt and pepper: Add these to taste
- Fresh parsley: This is optional but it adds a pretty look to the dish.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the shredded chicken, diced green peppers, chopped onions, Rotel tomatoes, cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, 1 1/2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
Add the cooked spaghetti to the chicken mixture and stir until well combined. Transfer the mixture to a 9×13-inch baking dish.
Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheddar cheese over it. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Before you place it in the freezer, wrap your casserole dish in plastic wrap, then foil. You can also store it in an airtight container. It should last in the freezer for 2-3 months.
When Ready to Cook:
Thaw your frozen casserole in the fridge overnight or place it on the counter until it reaches room temperature. Remove the plastic wrap, cover the casserole dish with foil, and bake for 45 minutes. Then, remove the aluminum foil and bake for an additional 30-40 minutes.
Side dishes like garlic bread, breadsticks, green salad, roasted, steamed, or sautéed veggies, roasted garlic potatoes, or garlic butter mushrooms go really well with this versatile dish.
Easy Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
Chicken Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
- 9×13 Casserole dish
- Large mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- ½ cup green pepper, diced
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 10 ounce can Rotel tomatoes, mild
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350℉
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions until they're al dente. Drain, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the shredded chicken, diced green peppers, chopped onions, Rotel tomatoes, cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, 1 1/2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the chicken mixture and toss until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9×13-inch baking dish and sprinkle the remaining shredded cheddar cheese over it.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!