Cheeseburger Soup is a favorite all year long. While this comforting soup recipe is particularly delicious on cooler days, I haven’t met anyone who doesn’t love cheeseburger soup anytime! Loaded with ground beef, cheese, potatoes, and creamy broth, this is a soup recipe you need to always keep on hand!
If you love soup as much as I do, a bowl of this decadent soup filled with all of your favorite ingredients will not disappoint! As this cheeseburger soup recipe is cooking, this kitchen will smell so good that everyone will begin to gather with a hungry belly.
- Ground beef, ground turkey, or even ground chicken
- Onion, diced
- Garlic, minced
- Italian seasoning
- Carrot, diced
- Potatoes, peeled and diced
- Water, chicken broth, or beef broth
- Ground pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese – sharp cheddar cheese, swiss cheese, pepper jack, Velveeta cheese, or cheese of choice!
Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
Begin by cooking the ground beef for 3-5 minutes. In a large saucepan, brown the beef with onion over medium heat. Drain the excess grease from the beef if necessary (really lean beef may not need to be drained).
Next, add the garlic, parsley, and Italian seasoning, and continue to cook, stirring regularly. Add in the carrots, potato, and water or broth.
Cover the cheeseburger soup and let it cook until the potatoes are tender (about 10-12 minutes). Do you like extra veggies in your soup? Now is the time to add additional vegetables, like celery cauliflower, etc.
While the soup is cooking at a low simmer, combine the milk and cornstarch in a separate bowl, stirring until the lumps are dissolved. Uncover the soup, and add milk mixture, salt, and pepper.
Melt in the cheese until the soup is thick and creamy! Some people like to serve the soup with extra cheese, sour cream, bacon, or sliced green onion on top. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
Place potatoes, onions, carrots, Italian seasoning, and parsley in a large crock pot. Pour the broth over the vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high heat for 4 to 5 hours (until potatoes are tender).
About 45 minutes before serving, add in the browned and drained ground beef, milk mixture, and cheese. Continue to cook until the cheese is melted and the soup is creamy!
More Comfort Food Recipes by The Blogette to Try Next:
Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- large pot
- Mixing spoon, like a wooden spoon
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¾ cup carrot, diced (about 1 medium)
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled and diced (3-4 medium potatoes)
- 4 cups water or chicken broth
- 1½ cups milk
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef with onion over medium heat in a large soup pot
- Drain beef if necessary (really lean beef may not need to be drained)
- Add garlic, parsley and Italian seasoning, and continue to cook, stirring for about 30 seconds
- Add carrot, potato, and water/broth
- Cover and let cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes
- Combine milk and cornstarch, stirring until lumps are dissolved
- Uncover soup, and add milk mixture, salt, and pepper
- Stir until soup is thickened
- Stir in cheese
- Serve hot
Leave a Reply