This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This 15-minute Burrito Skillet has sirloin steak, black beans, a creamy sauce, and tortillas all cooked in one skillet. It’s an easy dinner recipe so your family can enjoy an amazing meal in hardly any time!
This dish is thick and packed with a steak and cheese flavor! The seasonings bring out that Mexican food taste of the creamy enchilada sauce but the steak makes the dish so amazing! Everything you love about a big beef burrito cooked in a hot skillet. It is a perfect weeknight dinner option for busy days! Easy to cook, easy to prep, with minimal cleanup!
- Thinly sliced sirloin steak
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Red enchilada sauce (mild)
- Black beans, drained
- Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- Flour tortillas cut into 1-inch strips
- Cilantro for garnishing
In a large skillet, combine steak and olive oil. Stir in the seasonings in order to flavor the meat while it’s cooking. Instead of using the seasonings in this recipe, you can substitute them with a package of taco seasoning! Cook on medium-high heat for about 3-4 minutes until the steak is seared and mostly cooked.
Cook on medium-high heat for about 3-4 minutes until the steak is seared and mostly cooked. It’s important to cook the meat with spices and seasonings for the most flavor. You can always substitute the steak with ground beef, chicken, ground turkey, or your protein of choice!
Add enchilada sauce and black beans (drain them first) and then cook for an additional 5 minutes. Drained pinto beans can also be used. The red enchilada sauce is mild and filled with tons of Mexican flavor. It’s the perfectly creamy sauce to add to a burrito skillet!
The best part is, you can eat it as is or add in all kinds of delicious things you love in a burrito (like corn, potatoes, rice, etc.). This easy burrito skillet has all of your burrito fixings tossed together in one pan!
Add the tortilla strips and cheese and bring the skillet down to a simmer. Simmer with a closed lid for about 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sour cream
- Sliced green onions
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped avocado
- Sliced black olives
- Pica de gallo
- White or brown rice
- Mexican rice
- Cilantro flavored rice
More Easy Dinner Recipes by The Blogette to Try Next
- Taco Casserole
- Chicken Fajita Casserole
- Mexican Chicken and Rice
- Million Dollar Chicken
- Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi
- Frito Pie
- Texas Toast Sloppy Joes
Burrito Skillet Recipe
- Large skillet
- Mixing spoon or spatula
- 1¼ pounds thinly sliced sirloin steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounce can red enchilada sauce (mild)
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained
- 8 ounce bag mexican cheese blend
- 6-8 soft flour tortillas cut into 1 inch strips
- Cilantro for garnishing
- In a large skillet, combine steak, olive oil, and seasonings. Cook on medium heat for about 3-4 minutes until the steak is seared and mostly cooked.
- Add enchilada sauce and black beans and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the tortilla strips and cheese and bring the skillet down to a simmer. Simmer with a closed lid for about 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When done, top with chopped cilantro and serve immediately.
- Serve this dish with white rice, Mexican rice, or cilantro-flavored rice.
- Instead of using the seasonings included, you can substitute them with a package of taco seasoning.
- For an added kick, add ¼ – ½ teaspoon chili powder to the seasoning blend.
- Hot enchilada sauce can be used for added heat