Hot Fudge Pudding Cake is an easy, quick, and beautiful chocolate dessert that everyone absolutely loves! This delicious chocolate cake is simply wonderful when eaten with whipped cream or ice cream.
Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
How do I explain how insanely delicious and AMAZING this Hot Fudge Pudding Cake is? Hot Fudge Pudding Cake is a super simple homemade cake batter that bakes into a beautiful chocolate cake with warm fudge hidden inside.
It is so easy to make this cake. All you need is 10 minutes of prep time! Simply mix up the batter portion of the cake in one bowl then mix up the hot fudge portion in another. No need for an electric mixer or fancy stand mixer.
Hot Fudge Pudding Cake Ingredients
- Cocoa powder – the better quality cocoa powder, the better the cake!
- All-purpose flour – can be substituted with gluten-free flour
- Baking powder
- Salt – Increases the chocolate flavor
- Milk – 1%, 2%, or whole milk. Nut or oat milk also works in this recipe!
- Butter – unsalted. Salted butter can be used just make sure to omit the added salt.
- Egg yolk
- Vanilla extract
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Boiling water
How to Make Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray an 8″x8″ or 9″x9″ baking pan with non-stick spray.
2. In one bowl, whisk together 1/2 of the sugar with 1/2 of the cocoa powder.
3. In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining sugar and cocoa powder.
4. Add the milk, butter, egg yolk, and vanilla extract to the flour bowl. Stir until combined with a rubber spatula. The mixture will get quite thick. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Spread the brownie cake mixture into the greased pan as best as possible.
6. Sprinkle the set-aside sugar/cocoa mixture on top of the whole brownie cake batter.
7. Pour the boiling water on top over as best as you can, but do not stir in.
8. Bake for 25 minutes.
10. Allow to rest for about 10 minutes.
11. Serve while warm topped with vanilla ice cream!
- Try not to over mix the cake. The more you mix the batter the tougher the cake will be.
- If the cake is still runny, feel free to bake the cake for a few minutes longer if necessary (ovens may vary)
- Make sure that you allow the cake to sit for 10-15 minutes before serving to give the sauce time to set up.
- This recipe can be doubled if you are making this for a crowd. Simply double all of the ingredients and add it to a 9 x 13 pan instead of the 8 x 8.
- This pudding cake is best served hot. To serve leftovers rewarm the cake in the microwave for a couple of minutes.
- For a crunch try adding chopped walnuts with the dry ingredients before baking!
More Desserts by The Blogette to Try Next
- Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The BEST 6 Minute Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle
- Chocolate Turtles
- Banana Pudding
Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
- 2-3 large mixing bowls
- Rubber spatula
- 8"x 8" or 9" x 9" pan
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 350F and spray an 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan with non-stick spray.
- In one bowl whisk together 1/2 of the sugar with 1/2 of the cocoa powder.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining sugar and cocoa powder.
- Add the milk, butter, egg yolk, and vanilla extract to the flour bowl. Stir until combined with a rubber spatula. The mixture will get quite thick. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the brownie cake mixture into the greased pan as best as possible.
- Sprinkle the set aside sugar/cocoa mixture on top of the whole brownie cake batter.
- Pour the boiling water on top over as best as you can, but do not stir in.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Serve while warm topped with vanilla ice cream!