Homemade Chicken Pot Pie is one of the most popular comfort food meals of all time. It has a flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce, and a deliciously filling mix of chicken and vegetables. Plus, this homemade chicken pot pie is super easy to prep. Your family will love smelling pot pie baking in the oven.
Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
Tell everyone you’re having pie for dinner and see how big their smiles are. This homemade chicken pot pie recipe uses peas and carrots and refrigerated pie crusts. You can use leftover turkey instead of chicken to put your own unique spin on this old-fashioned favorite.
Ingredients for Chicken Pot Pie
- raw pie crusts, storebought
- frozen onion, diced
- shredded chicken (or shredded leftover turkey!)
- frozen carrots, diced
- cream of celery soup
- frozen corn, diced
- frozen peas
- salt and pepper to taste
Why look for pot pie in the frozen food aisle when this easy version tastes much better? A delicious chicken pie made from scratch with carrots, peas, onion, and corn. Consider using rotisserie chicken if you’re in a hurry!
How to Make a Homemade Pot Pie
Preheat the oven to 400F. Line the pie plate with one of the pie doughs. In a large mixing bowl, combine the vegetables, chicken, and soup mix.
Pour the creamy chicken mixture into the bottom pie crust. Top with slices of butter (yum, this trick adds so much to the overall flavor!). Cover the pie with the remaining pie crust.
Cut four slits in the top to release steam as it cooks. Next, place in the oven for 50 minutes. After about 30 minutes, cover the edges of the pie crust with tin foil to keep it from burning, while leaving the center majority exposed.
Allow the beautiful pot pie to rest for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving. By this point, the kitchen smells SO GOOD that you’re bound to have some family members gathered ready to eat! Are you cooking for one? Consider making Individual Mini Pot Pies instead!
More Dinner Recipes by The Blogette to Try Next:
- Potatoes Au Gratin
- French Onion Pork Chops
- Meatball Subs
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Mexican Chicken and Rice
- Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
Chicken Pot Pie
- Pie plate
- Mixing bowl
- Pie rim covers OR tin foil to going around the edge of the pie crust
- 2 raw pie crusts, storebought
- ½ cup frozen onion, diced
- ½ cup frozen carrots, diced
- ½ cup frozen corn, diced
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1-1½ cup shredded chicken
- 1 10.75 ounce can cream of celery soup
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Line the pie plate with one of the pie doughs.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the vegetables, chicken, and soup mix.
- Pour into the bottom pie crust.
- Top with the butter (sliced in 1/2 Tablespoon pieces)
- Cover with remaining pie crust.
- Cut four slits in the top to release steam as it cooks.
- Place in the oven for 50 minutes.
- After about 30 minutes, cover the edges of the pie crust to keep from burning, while leaving the center majority exposed.
- Allow it to rest for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.