My Cookie Monster Ice Cream recipe is a cookie lover’s dream! This cold, vanilla, creamy ice cream is turned blue just, for fun, and loaded with cookies and chocolate chips! You do not need a special ice cream maker for this easy homemade ice cream recipe. It’s so easy to make, you should get the kids involved.
Cookie Monster Ice Cream Recipe
This ultra indulgent and fun ice cream is a summer staple! But, in our opinion, it’s deliciously perfect all year long. Some ice cream can be challenging and tricky to make. Not Cookie Monster ice cream! With simple ingredients as well as supplies everyone has in their kitchen, you can whip this ice cream mixture up in just 10 minutes.
Cookie Monster Ice Cream Ingredients:
- Heavy whipping cream – is kind of magical! You can whip it into a semi-solid form that will hold its shape. Heavy whipping cream is similar to whole milk but whips better and holds shape better.
- Sweetened condensed milk – a thick, sweet, sticky mixture that is used in all kinds of recipes
- Blue food coloring – gel or liquid food coloring. Blue food coloring is used to create the hue of the beloved Cookie Monster from Sesame Street.
- Crushed Oreos – or your favorite cookie mix-ins
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips – as a nod to Cookie Monster’s favorite cookie: the classic chocolate chip!
- White chocolate chips – and/or sprinkles!
Homemade Cookie Monster Ice Cream
1. In a large bowl or stand mixer – whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks begin to form using a whisk attachment.
2. Once soft peaks begin to form in the cream – gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk and the food coloring until your desired blue shade is achieved. You want the food coloring to be fully incorporated into the cream.
3. Stir in the Oreos and chips – until they are evenly distributed throughout the mixture. Now is a good time to add other mix-ins, such as chips ahoy (chocolate chip cookies), nuts, walnuts, pecans, sprinkles, or even edible chocolate chip cookie dough!
4. Pour the ice cream mix into a 9×5 inch loaf pan – cover it with plastic wrap. Allow the ice cream to set in the freezer for about 5 hours, or until the top of the ice cream is firm to the touch. Serve with an ice cream scoop
How to Make Cookie Monster Ice Cream
This Sesame Street inspired ice cream scoops beautifully in ice cream cones or serves fabulously in cups with spoons. Hot fudge on top really takes this ice cream to the next level! Consider putting some in-between large chocolate chip cookies to make an ice cream sandwich! The flavors of cookies mixed together with a vanilla ice cream base are a fun and creative answer to a sweet tooth.
Homemade ice cream recipes are our favorite! Get creative and add in different flavors of cookies, like nutter butter (peanut butter cookies), or swirl in some chocolate syrup! The base of this ice cream is a signature recipe that you can use to make ANY ice cream you want, so be sure to save this recipe on Pinterest. Or, perhaps you prefer to save recipes on Facebook.
More Desserts by The Blogette to Try Next:
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- Ice Cream Punch
- Whipped Lemonade
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
- Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
Cookie Monster Ice Cream
- Mixing bowl
- Electric hand or stand mixer with a whisk attachment
- 9×5 inch baking dish/loaf pan
- Plastic wrap
- 2¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon blue food coloring Either gel or liquid food coloring works.
- 1 cup crushed Oreos
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks begin to form.
- Once soft peaks begin to form in the cream, gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk and the food coloring until the mixture is homogenous. You want the food coloring to be fully incorporated into the cream.
- Gently fold in the Oreos and both kinds of chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Pour the ice cream mix into a 9×5 inch baking dish and cover it with plastic wrap. Allow the ice cream to set in the freezer for about 5 hours, or until the top of the ice cream is firm to the touch.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This ice cream can easily be adapted to be gluten-free by using gluten-free Oreos. These can be found at most major grocery stores.
- You can store this ice cream in the freezer for about a month and a half as long as you keep it covered with plastic wrap to prevent freezer burn.