This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chocolate Egg Nests made with cornflakes are the perfect Easter treat! This an easy, no-bake Easter dessert idea that kids can help make. Fill the nests with mini eggs to make adorable bird nests!
Chocolate Egg Nests
Adding coconut oil to the melted chocolate gives it a smoother velvety texture, helps the chocolate spread to coat the cereal, and adds to the sweetness. As a result, the chocolate dries quicker and is ready for those little hands to eat in under an hour.
- Generic cornflake cereal
- Chocolate bars
- Coconut oil
- Mini candy eggs, jelly beans, mini Cadbury eggs
Melt the chocolate using a double boiler. Half-fill a small saucepan with boiling water, and break the chocolate into pieces in a heat-safe glass bowl. Place the bowl on top of the saucepan so it touches the water, be careful not to overfill the saucepan with water. Leave the chocolate for 5 minutes and then stir until melted; add the coconut oil before the chocolate is melted.
When melted, remove it from the heat and stir in the coconut oil. If you don’t want to double broil the chocolate to melt it, mini Dove chocolates melt very well in the microwave as an alternative.
Pour the chocolate over the cereal and stir until thoroughly combined. It’s important to not stir too rigorously because the cornflakes break easily. Just gently mix the cornflakes until they’re covered in chocolate.
Place cupcake liners in a 12-muffin pan. Using a spoon, fill the cupcake liners with the chocolate cornflake mixture to form the nests.
Add the mini Easter eggs to the top of each nest. Place the muffin tin in the fridge until the chocolate has set and the nest shape stays together.
What is another variation I can make?
You can substitute the cornflake cereal for rice crispies, chow mein noodles, or shredded wheat! They all taste amazing. This recipe has been tested for cornflakes; you may need to adjust the cereal quantity of the substituted cereal.
More Spring Recipes by The Blogette To Try Next:
- Carrot Rice Krispie Treats
- Whipped Lemonade
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
- Lemon Air Fryer Donuts
- Strawberry Lemon Cupcakes
- Bacon Pimento Deviled Eggs
- Cloud Bread
- Pastel Colored Deviled Eggs
Chocolate Egg Nests
- 12- muffin pan
- Cupcake liners
- Double broiler (or preferred way to melt chocolate)
- Mixing bowl
- 4 cups generic cornflake cereal
- 2 chocolate bars
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- Place cupcake liners in a 12-muffin pan.
- Measure the generic cornflake cereal in a large bowl and set it aside.
- Melt the chocolate using a double boiler, and when melted, remove it from the heat and stir in the coconut oil.
- Pour the chocolate over the cereal and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Using a spoon, fill the cupcake liners to form the nests. Add the mini eggs to the top of each nest and refrigerate until the chocolate has set.