Our creamy Cheese Log is the EASIEST and most impressive appetizer! The prep is just about 15 minutes, or it can be prepared in advance and refrigerated. This is the perfect appetizer for all your special occasions and parties!
This wonderfully creamy cheese log rolled in crunchy pecans is a completely addictive spread that everyone will love. Serve this cheese log with crackers or toasted baguette slices for an impressive make-ahead, stress-free appetizer!
A cheese log is a little retro, A LOT lovable, and the PERFECT addition to the modern and extremely popular charcuterie boards. Add this to your cheese board and be the star of your holiday season or event. Cheese ball recipes are popular because they can really be customized any way that you like…and they’re so delicious.
Cheese Log Ingredients
- sharp cheddar
- smoked cheddar
- cream cheese
- swiss cheese
- colby cheese
- ground garlic
- chives or scallions
Use a food processor to grate cheeses into the large bowl of a stand mixer. If you don’t have a stand mixer, you can also use a large mixing bowl. Mix the cheeses with the cream cheese and seasonings in the bowl using a paddle attachment.
Form the cheese into desired shapes. This recipe can make 1 log or two cheese balls. Press the chopped pecans and chives into the cheese molds. Wrap with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
- You can make these cheese balls up to two days ahead of your party.
- Wet your hands or the cheese ball lightly before pressing the pecans and chives into the cheese, this will help it stick.
- Wrap in plastic wrap for storage.
More Appetizers by The Blogette to Try Next:
- food processor
- large mixing bowl or stand mixer with paddle attachement
- ½ pound sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ pound smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pound cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 pound swiss cheese, shredded
- ½ pound colby cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound pecans, chopped
- ½ cup chives or scallions, chopped
- Use a food processor to grate cheeses into the large bowl of a kitchen aid stand mixer.
- Mix the cheeses with the cream cheese in the bowl using a paddle attachement.
- Remove the paddle attachment if it gets to be too much, and work with hands.
- Add the seasonings and continue to work with your hands.
- Form into desired shapes (1 log or 2 cheese balls)
- Wet hands and form the cheese one last time.
- Press the chopped pecans and chives into the cheese molds.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Leave a Reply