Cheesy and tender parmesan zucchini rounds baked to perfection. It’s a healthy, nutritious, and completely addictive side dish.
Baked Parmesan Zucchini Recipe
Looking for an easy, crowd-pleasing veggie side dish? You won’t find better than this. A little crispy, super fast to make, and ultra-healthy. It really hits the spot!
- Sliced zucchini
- Oil (I use olive oil)
- Shredded parmesan cheese
Slice the zucchini into about ¼ inch-thick rounds. Drizzle with oil, then toss to coat. This can be done right on the baking sheet covered with parchment paper, or the zucchini can be tossed with oil in a medium bowl.
Arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with parmesan.
In just 10 minutes of cook time, the gorgeous zucchini rounds are done! The cheese melts to bubbly perfection! The taste of the melted parmesan mixture is the perfect combination! The flavor is simply addicting, so if you’re serving more than 4 people, you definitely want to make 2 batches!
How to Make the Best Baked Parmesan Zucchini
TIP! Be strategic about how you slice your zucchini! Prefer softer zucchini? Slice it into thinner rounds, around 1/4-inch thick. Like your baked zucchini on the firmer side? Cut it thicker, closer to 1/2-inch.
Optional Ingredients for Additional Flavor:
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Panko crumbs
- Fresh parsley
This is by far one of the best vegetable side dishes I’ve ever made. And the best part about this is that there is absolutely no deep frying or sauteing.
More Side Dishes by The Blogette To Try Next:
Baked Parmesan Zucchini
- baking sheet
- Parchment Paper
- 2 – 3 zucchini (about 2 cups, sliced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450℉
- Slice zucchini into about ¼ inch thick
- Drizzle with oil, then toss to coat
- Arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Top with parmesan
- Bake in center of oven for about 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender
- To toast the cheese, switch to broiler, and broil for 1-2 minutes, watching carefully until cheese is just brown
- Remove from oven and serve
Leave a Reply