Baked Meatball Subs are packed with lots of melty cheese! Everyone loves this easy dinner. We guarantee this will be your new favorite! Baked with meatballs in a delicious marinara sauce and bubbly cheese on top, this is the best hot sub sandwich ever.
Baked Meatball Subs
Get your rolls and baking dish ready. You will want rolls that aren’t cut all the way through, they should be connected to one side so that they will hold the ingredients.
Meatbal Sub Ingredients:
- Frozen meatballs
- Marinara sauce
- Sub rolls
- Sliced Mozzarella cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
This oven-baked meatball sandwich recipe is a perfect easy dinner idea for busy days. Also great for large groups, game day, or as an on-the-go meal.
To make it on the stovetop, heat sauce in a 12-inch skillet or a 5-quart pot. Add the frozen meatballs and stir to coat with the sauce. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
Divide the meatballs evenly into split sub rolls. Place the subs into a casserole dish or tin foil dish. Lay a slice of cheese on each sub, splitting in half to fit the entire length of the sub. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of shredded cheese on each sub as well.
Bake the sub sandwiches at 385 for about 10 minutes. The cheese will be bubbly, starting to brown, and the tops of sub rolls will be crisp. These homemade meatball subs are toasty, cheesy, and delicious. One of the best easy dinner ideas that come together in about 30 minutes!
It just doesn’t get any better than juicy meatballs in a submarine bun topped with meatball sauce and bubbly cheese.
More Easy Recipes by The Blogette to Try Next:
Baked Meatball Subs
- Sheet pan
- 12 inch Skillet
- Large Bowl
- 2 lbs frozen meatballs (you can use fresh if desired!)
- 1 lb (about 24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 8 sub rolls
- 8 slices Swiss or Mozzarella cheese
- 1½ cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 385F
- On the stovetop: heat sauce in a 12 inch skillet or a 5 quart pot.
- Add the frozen meatballs and stir to coat with the sauce.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Divide evenly into split sub rolls.
- Place the subs into a casserole dish or tin foil dish.
- Lay a slice of cheese on each sub, splitting in half to fit the entire length of the sub.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of shredded cheese on each sub as well.
- Bake at 385F for about 10 minutes.
- Cheese will be bubbly, starting to brown and tops of sub rolls will be crisp.Top with basil or parsley if desired.