This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A Snowman Cheeseball is what every winter gathering needs! This petite little snowman made of cheese is so precious and adorable! It is simply the cutest winter appetizer that everyone will love. Plus, it’s so easy to make!
This easy recipe is the perfect party appetizer. Different kinds of cheese can be used to make the snowman shape. It’s cute enough to be the centerpiece of a table!
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
- Cream cheese, room temperature
- Shredded mozzarella cheese – Alternatives are: Monterey jack cheese or white cheddar
- Cloves (for the eyes)
- Shred of carrot (for the nose)
- large mixing bowl
- wooden dowel (stick)
How to Make a Snowman Cheeseball
Separate the cream cheese into an 8-ounce block, a 6-ounce block, and a 2-ounce block. The various blocks of cheese will create different-sized balls for the snowman. Form the blocks into balls using gloved hands. Roll the balls into the shredded mozzarella to cover them completely.
If you’re making this in advance, wrap the individual cheese balls with plastic wrap and keep the cheese mixture refrigerated. You can make it several days ahead and assemble it right before the party.
On a serving platter, set the largest ball on a platter and stick a wooden dowel in the middle to create the snowman’s base. Stack the medium on top of the larger cheese ball and then the small cheese ball on top.
Place the cloves and shred of carrot to form the snowman face. Alternatives for the eyes could be pieces of black olives, peppercorns, or chocolate chips.
With so many holiday parties and events during the winter, I’m always looking for a fun and easy holiday appetizer. This cute little snowman is going to be the hit of any party! If you like extra flavor, consider adding a packet of ranch seasoning to the cheese mixture.
- Pretzel sticks
- Celery sticks
- Bagel chips
- Pita chips
- Sliced red peppers and orange peppers
- Pecans and other nuts
- Salami, cold cuts, or other protein
- Large Bowl
- wooden dowel (stick)
- Two 8 ounce blocks cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cloves for the eyes (or small piece of black olives!)
- small shred of carrot for the nose
- Separate the cream cheese into an 8-ounce block, a 6-ounce block, and a 2-ounce block.
- Form the blocks into balls using gloved hands.
- Roll the balls into the shredded mozzarella to cover them completely.
- Set the largest ball on a platter and stick a wooden dowel in the middle.
- Stack the medium and then small cheese balls on top to form the snowman.
- Place the cloves and shred of carrot to form the snowman face.