This delicious Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Ring recipe looks impressive, tastes amazing, and uses up leftover chicken! This ring is easy to make and is so versatile! It can be served as an appetizer, a lunch, a dinner, or a potluck. Store-bought pizza dough is stuffed with a cheesy chicken and broccoli filling and baked until golden brown.
Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Ring
Tender chicken is mixed with broccoli florets and rich cheddar and then folded up into a tasty pizza crust. No need to twist or brain this delicious broccoli chicken pizza ring. It’s so easy to whip up in a pinch! Chicken and broccoli are healthy protein and fiber options. But, you can make the bread ring with any filling you would like, for example, ground beef, cheese, and tomatoes.
- Refrigerated pizza dough – This can be homemade but we use a can from the grocery store
- Steamed broccoli florets – We use the frozen florets and thaw them ahead of time
- Shredded cheese – Shredded cheddar or a blended cheese works great
- Chicken breast – Cooked and shredded. Other proteins can be used too! Ground chicken or ground beef are great options.
- Parmesan cheese – To sprinkle around outside of the entire filling
- Butter – Melted. Can be seasoned with salt, garlic, onion, or season of choice
Line a baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper. Then, stretch your dough out onto the parchment paper stretching it into a large circle. Next, make cuts on each corner and evenly on each side. Then, make corresponding cuts in the center of your dough in a star fashion to make 8 points. Place steamed broccoli, cheese, and cooked chicken around the uncut portion of your dough to form a ring. Rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken works great!
How to Assemble a Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Ring
First, fold each outer section of dough up over your filling and tuck the inner seams of dough over it to hold the seal in place. Next, continue around the ring until all filling is covered by each dough section. Then, brush the entire top of the bread ring with melted butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake until the dough is golden brown and baked thoroughly. Finally, cut into rectangles strips and serve warm!
Can I make this ahead of time and freeze it?
This dish is best served fresh and not frozen.
What if I don’t have parchment paper?
If you do not have parchment paper, you can use a non-stick cooking spray.
What sauce goes well with this dish?
Ranch dipping sauce or marinara sauce goes well with this dish.
More Recipes by The Blogette to Try Next:
- Taco Bell Gordita Ring
- Chicken Broccoli Lasagna
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Cheese Stuffed Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Ring
- baking sheet
- Basting Brush
- parchment paper or non-stick spray
- 1 (13.8oz) Can refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 cups steamed broccoli florets
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Stretch your dough out onto the parchment paper stretching it into a large circle
- Make 2-inch cuts on each corner and evenly on each side (8 total), then make corresponding cuts in the center of your dough in a star fashion to make 8 points.
- Place steamed broccoli, cheese, and shredded chicken around the uncut portion of your dough to form a ring.
- Fold each outer section of dough up over your filling and pull the inner portion of dough over it to hold it in place. Continue around the ring until all filling is covered by each dough section.
- Brush the entire top of the bread ring with melted butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the dough is golden brown and baked thoroughly.
- Slice the bread ring and serve warm, as is or with your favorite sauce
Leave a Reply