Chicken Fajita Casserole
Cheesy Chicken Fajita Casserole is a perfect dinner idea for busy weeknights. Packed with flavor and so quick to throw together!
Large mixing bowl
9x13 Inch Casserole Dish
- 4 cups shredded chicken, about 2-1/2 pounds or 3-4 breasts
- 2 cups instant rice
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces frozen stir fry vegetables
- 10 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1½ cup chicken broth
- 1 packet fajita or taco seasoning
- 2 cups Mexican cheese, shredded
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
To a large mixing bowl combine the chicken, rice, stir fry vegetables, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and fajita seasoning.
Add the cream cheese, sour cream, and half of the Mexican cheese. Stir well to combine.
Pour into a 9x13 casserole dish.
Cover and bake for 35 minutes.
Uncover, sprinkle with remaining Mexican cheese and return to oven for an additional 10 minutes.
Sprinkle with cilantro or more sour cream.