Decadent Campfire Éclairs are the perfect camping recipe and are sure to be the highlight of your camping trip!
Stick for roasting (about 1” thick)
zip top bags
Campfire, charcoal grill, or BBQ
- 8 ounce package of Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 4.6 ounce box of vanilla pudding (cook & serve)
- Nutella or chocolate frosting
- whipped cream
Make pudding ahead of time at home according to package directions (or purchase ready make pudding cups)
Wrap a piece of aluminum foil 8” x 10” around the end of the stick
Lightly brush vegetable oil over the aluminum foil
Divide crescent rolls into 8 equal portions along the precut, dotted lines
Starting with the wider edge, wrap the dough around the aluminum foil
Place the dough end of the stick over the embers of a dying fire and rotate your stick until all sides are golden brown and the dough is puffy.
Let cool and remove the foil from the stick and carefully pull the éclair from the foil.
Set aside while you cook the rest of your éclairs.
Fill both open ends of the éclair with vanilla pudding, and then drizzle Nutella along the top (or spread chocolate frosting on top)
Finish it off by adding whipped cream to one end of the éclair.
- The roasting stick should be at least 1-inch in thickness to allow for a decent-sized opening for your pudding
- To make filling the éclairs easier, place pudding in a sandwich bag before your camping trip and snip off the end when ready to use. The same can be done for the Nutella drizzle.
- If you want to make prep more simple you can purchase ready-made vanilla pudding cups instead of making the pudding
- To avoid getting holes in your cooked éclair, make sure to slightly overlap each layer of the dough as you wind it around the foil.
- Make sure you start with cool dough (keep it in your cooler). If it is too warm, it will be difficult to wind around your stick and it won’t puff up as nicely once it starts to cook.
Calories: 161kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 1gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 326mgPotassium: 3mgFiber: 0.1gSugar: 16gCalcium: 1mgIron: 0.4mg