Spinach Dip Chicken Bake
Spinach Dip Chicken Bake - Baked to perfection in 45 minutes! Creamy spinach cheese sauce smothered onto juicy chicken breasts.
Servings: 4 people
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about two pounds)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened*
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and water all squeezed out**
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese (or additional cheese of choice, like mozzarella or parmesan)
- ½ cup red onion, thin slices
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Spray an 8” x 11” baking dish well with non-stick cooking spray.
Place raw chicken breasts into prepared baking dish. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat together softened cream cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, dried oregano, dried basil, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Beat on high until well mixed.
Stir spinach, feta and onions into cream cheese mixture until well mixed.
Spread cream cheese spinach mixture evenly over raw chicken breasts.
Place in oven to bake for 45 to 55 minutes (baked uncovered). Chicken is done once internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Use a meat thermometer to check temperature of meat. Watch that the chicken isn’t overcooked or it will dry out. Always check the thickest chicken breast first by inserting the meat thermometer into the thickest part of the breast.
When first removing from the oven, the top of the spinach mixture will look lightly browned and a bit dry. Simply stir the mixture around to uncover the creamy mixture underneath the top thin layer.
Store leftovers in a sealed food storage container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
* Use the block-style cream cheese, not the spreadable kind you’d use on a bagel.
** Measure the 5 ounces of spinach after it has thawed and the water has all been squeezed out.